HistoryMiami Museum is hosting one of the most popular art events in recent years: the Miami Street Photography Festival. Now celebrating its 5th anniversary, the Miami Street Photography Festival features world-class photographers, exhibitions, lectures, workshops, photo walks, and portfolio reviews. The festival’s mission is to give exposure to up-and-coming photographers from around the globe and highlight the best in international street photography.
Featuring the work of photographers from more than 60 countries, the festival will take over multiple galleries at HistoryMiami Museum. Legendary photographers Martin Parr, Jill Freedman, Richard Kalvar, Alex Webb, and Rebecca Norris-Webb will be this year’s featured speakers. Chris Suspect, Lauren Welles, and Matt Stuart will be participating as well.
As part of the festival’s program, HistoryMiami Museum will feature:
- Exhibitions of the finalists of the MSPF Street Photography Contest and of the Miami Photo Series competition
- Exhibition, called Violet Isles, of images of Cuba by renowned photographers Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris-Webb
- An outdoor exhibition called “The Big Picture” featuring photojournalism from around the world
- Images from Street Photo Thailand
- Free lectures with renowned photographers
Admission is FREE during the festival, from December 1 – 4, 2016.
Hours: 10 am -10 pm Thursday-Saturday. 12 pm – 5 pm on Sunday.
A closing party will be held on Saturday night. RSVP HERE. Space is limited.
101 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33130